Subscan Technology Ltd recognises its obligations to comply with the law and carry out its business in as environmentally sound manner as possible, in order to meet its responsibility to customers, shareholders, employees, neighbours and the natural environment.
We are committed to promoting and maintaining an environmental policy to ensure that the impact of our operations on the environment is reduced to as low a level as is practically and economically feasible.
- Periodically review our operations in order to minimise our impact on the environment
- Ensure that we comply with the letter and the spirit of international and national legislation and local regulatory controls, as well as meeting industry standards and operating to relevant Codes of Practice
- Endeavour to reduce the amount of waste produced and dispose of such waste in a safe and responsible way, re-using or recycling where applicable
- Monitor and measure all environmentally significant emissions and discharges to water, air and land to minimise environmental impact
- Establish procedures to prevent pollution and conserve energy where possible and undertake programmes to continuously improve our environmental performance
- Minimise the environmental impact of any processes and projects by employing the best available techniques not entailing excessive cost
- Promote environmental principles by sharing and exchanging information of environmental importance with regulatory bodies, professional associations, customers, suppliers, contractors and employees
- Establish environmental training needs within the company and maintain training programmes
- Develop and maintain an environmental management system, setting objectives and targets, as well as reviewing this policy, on a regular basis
- Ensure we make regular checks that our Environmental policy / Objectives correspond to the requirements set out in our Customers Environmental Policy
- Use energy efficiently, ensuring we switch off any electrical appliance where possible
The Environmental ‘aspects and impacts’ and ‘objectives and targets’ of Subscan Technology Ltd are set down in the Company Environmental Procedures Manual. Copies of this are available for inspection at all branches or ‘uncontrolled copies’ may be obtained from the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager at Head Office.
All ‘aspects and impacts’ are reviewed annually or whenever circumstances change.
The Company Environmental Policy statement and all associated documentation is available to all personnel and the policy statement will be displayed at each registered office at Subscan Technology Ltd. Copies of this will be made freely available to members of the public through Subscan Technology Head Office.
This Policy will be reviewed annually or as circumstances change.